Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I didn't even get a cupcake!

Last week was the birthday of one of my managers (I have a ton of managers). Someone, a better friend to her than I, made cupcakes for her and decorated them, one letter per cupcake. Before I left work, she offered cupcakes to my kids. I stood there, staring down at the cupcakes. I needed three that were identical. Eye-Den-Tih-Cul. Finally, I found three "A" cupcakes. Score.

I present the cupcakes after dinner.

Connor: I got an A.

Emily: I got an A.

Ethan: I got an A!

Yes! Avoiding the annoyance. Now, let me be clear, had I not been able to find matching cupcakes, I'd have told them to just deal. That or they could all lose the cupcakes. Whatever. I don't deal with that crap. But! Why have to even tell them to deal if I can avoid it? So! Thirty seconds later:

Connor: I have a V! (Listen, I'm not going to explain how this happened. You can figure this out and I will not belittle you.)

Emily AND Ethan: What??? I have an A! How did you get a V? I want a V! (What??? You want a V? What the hell for? WHY?!?!) Can I have a V instead? Why does he get a V and we both have A's?

Connor sat there and snickered. I glared at them. I told them I was not explaining it to them, either. If they couldn't figure it out, they deserved the A's.

4 comments:

Snarky A. said...

Oh, I'm sorry you did not get one! That is so unfair!

Call Me Cate said...

You left the most important part out - what KIND of cupcakes?

Also, I would've maybe thanked the coworker, picked out three, and then chowed them down in the car on the way home. Problem solved!

R Susanna said...

I'm with Cate. The cupcakes would never have made it home :).
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Laura said...

Me? I would've eaten them on the way home and never told them about the cupcakes. See you are nicer than me:) Laura