Saturday, August 1, 2009

You Can Kiss My Ass, PETA.

As my sister's facebook status says, it just wouldn't be a trip to our parents' house without a bat "situation". Now, I am great in all sorts of crises. Except bats. No bats. No effing bats. So I scream like a twelve year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert, demanding to be let out of whatever godforsaken room the nasty plague carrying rat with wings- and fangs- has ventured into. And by "demanding" I mean knocking over my poor mother and trampling her as I flee- every bitch for herself. And by "ventured" I mean swooped in and angled straight for me. And did I mention the screaming? I cannot even control the screaming. Hell no. Bats? Hell no.

Don't believe me? As proof I offer the following video. My sister is the one behind the camera. The red fringe is the blanket she kept resolutely over her head for several minutes after the bat had finally departed. My father is the brave one in boxers who I dragged out of sleep with my screeched, "If I have to suffer through this, he does, too!" I? Am the one you can barely hear yelling from behind the closed door of another room. Please excuse the language (and screaming)- but there was an effing bat in the house.

5 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I would've been hiding in the other room with you. And I love the idea of your dad being dragged out of bed in the middle night by his "adult" daughters shrieking like 12 year olds. I'm sure it felt like the good ole days to him.

Christine said...

If I hadn't heard the telltale bat noises in the background I would of thought this was simply old dad cam. Thanks for the big fat laugh...so glad I wasn't there. I know you two would have made me catch it.

InMyOwnZoo said...

I agree - if Christine was there you 2 totally would have made her get it.

OHHHHH!!! Remember when Kyah was jumping in the air trying to catch that one?

We have to spend $800 to get a guy to come evict the bats that have moved into our attic at the end of the month. Bats are nice outside and good for bosquitos and all but NOT IN THE HOUSE!

Jenna said...

Love the video! Hilarious. I, unfortunately, have had too many bat encounters this summer (thank you remodeling). Maybe I should take a video of our chaos next time...

Mo Diva said...

work sucks cuz I can't view this vid.
I can't keep living till i see the vid!